MarioNote

January 17, 2010

Installing Subversive Plugin on Eclipse 3.5

Filed under: Android,Software Development,step-by-step — mariojump @ 10:49 am

Subversive is an Eclipse plugin to integrate with Subversion (SVN).

Subversive can be downloaded and installed from the Galileo Update Site.

Help > Install New Software… > select Galileo – http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo > Collaboration Tools.

Select:
Subversive SVN Team Provider (Incubation) 0.7.8.I20090904-1300
(This is the latest one as of Jan 17, 2010.)

Then, when I tried to use it with ProjectLocker, I got the following error.
“Selected SVN connector library is not available or cannot be loaded.”

To cope with this,
Add
http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/
to the software update site in Eclipse.

And select:
Subversive SVN Connectors and the connector for your Subversion version.
Since ProjectLocker offers Subversion 1.6.6, I chose:

* Subversive SVN Connectors 2.2.1.I20091009-1900
* Native JavaHL 1.6 Implementation (Optional) 2.2.1.I20091009-1900
* JavaHL 1.6.0 Win32 Binaries (Optional) 2.2.1.I20091009-1900

Then, I could finally synchronize with ProjectLocker’s subversion.

[References]
http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/downloads.php
http://www.projectlocker.com/site/scm

January 12, 2010

AziLink – Android Phone USB Tethering

Filed under: Android,Linux,Ubuntu — mariojump @ 2:11 pm

AziLink is a software which allows Android phones USB tethering.

Its installation is described at:
http://code.google.com/p/azilink/

It took me a while to get it working on my Ubuntu 9.10 64bit.

0. Download required files listed in the AziLink home page.

1. Install OpenVPN.
$ sudo apt-get install openvpn

2. Ensure OpenVPN version is 2.1.

$ openvpn –version
OpenVPN 2.1_rc19 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL] [LZO2] [EPOLL] [PKCS11]
built on Oct 13 2009
Developed by James Yonan
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.

3. Enable USB debugging on the phone, by checking the Home Screen ->
Settings -> Applications-> Development -> USB debugging.

4. Download alilink-2.0.2.apk from http://azilink.googlecode.com/files/azilink-2.0.2.apk

5. Run
$ ~/android-sdk-linux_x86-1.5_r3/tools/adb forward tcp:41927 tcp:41927
error: device not found

6. For this error,
http://groups.google.co.jp/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/8051fd516114c9e5?pli=1
had a solution.

7. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules .

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
SUBSYSTEM==”usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==”0bb4″, ATTRS{idProduct}==”0c02″,
MODE=”0666″, OWNER=”ubuntu”

8. Vendor ID and Product ID can be found with:
$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bb4:0c02 High Tech Computer Corp.

9. Reboot both the host PC and the phone, and set Azilink “Service Active”.

10. Start Port forwarding.
$ ~/android-sdk-linux_x86-1.5_r3/tools/adb forward tcp:41927 tcp:41927
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *

11.
$ sudo openvpn –script-security 2 –config azilink.ovpn

12. DNS Setup

What I did was just edit /etc/resolv.conf, which I believe there are
better ways to do, just make this nameserver effective for the device,
tun0. This is what just worked for me.

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND — YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 192.168.56.1

13. Remark

I noticed an issue in using a home wifi to connect to the Internet.
I believe it has something to do with the home network’s private
network address of 192.168.1.*.

It typically took me 10-15 seconds to get the following command
returned. So the internet connection is very slow.

$ dig @192.168.56.1 http://www.yahoo.com

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.